July 09, 2016

Brioche buns with French brioche mix


During my recent first Summer vacation in Alsace I enjoyed freshly baked brioche every day for breakfast, so while I doing some shopping I found some brioche flour mix made of flour and egg powder.

Now I have been making my first brioches as buns baked in muffin forms. And the taste is just great :-) I did not quiet understand the recipe details besides from the ingredients needed, so I used my gut feel making the brioche dough.

Brioche buns with French brioche mix: - 15 brioche buns

  • 700 g brioche flour mix
  • 350 g whole milk
  • 16 salt
  • 80 g sugar
  • 130 g butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 20 g yeast
  1. Add the milk, yeast, salt, sugar and eggs in the mixing bowl on stand alone mixer. Mix it together for 1-2 minutes at speed 2.
  2. Add in the flour, and let the dough be mixed for 5 minutes at speed 2.
  3. Let the dough raise for 1-1½ hour.
  4. Place 80-90 g brioche dough in each muffin form.
  5. Place the brioche in the oven with 1½ liter boiling water poured into a tray below the plate with brioche dough. This will really boost the raising of the final bun to a very big size. Let the dough raise in steam for 30 minutes.
  6. Remove the brioches from the oven.
  7. Heat up the oven to 180'C.
  8. Bake the brioches at 180'C for 15 minutes.
  9. Cool down the brioches.
  10. Enjoy with good cup of tea (or coffee).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...