July 25, 2015

Salted almonds


I have found this recipe on salted almonds on the blog "Maden i mit liv", and I have made no modifications to it.

My birthday guests did their best to eat all these almonds, however I had saved a portion for myself for later indulgence !! The comments to the almonds were, that they were very good and not too salty, which salted almonds sometimes can be.

I will for sure be making these almonds again, perhaps the taste with various herb addition.

Salted almonds:
  • 200 g almonds
  • 4 tablespoons of sea salt
  • 400 g boiling water
  1. Start by dissolving the sea salt in the boiling water in a bowl, before the almonds are into this salt solution.
  2. Let the almonds soak for 20-25 minutes with a lid covering the bowl.
  3. Remove the almonds from the salt solution.
  4. Heat up the (conventional) oven to 200'C.
  5. Spread the almonds on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
  6. Roast the almonds at 200'C for 8-10 minutes, mix around the almonds one or two times during the roasting process.
  7. Cool down the almonds, before storing in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...