April 09, 2012

Easter Egg with nougat and liquorice


At the same time as I was making the Easter Egg with elder flower, I decided to make some different Easter Eggs with nougat and liquorice using this recipe paskeaeg med nougat og lakrids from Odense Marcipan.

I found it to be more difficult to turn these Easter Eggs into an actual egg shape, as I did not want to squeeze the nougat mass out of the egg. However, it was quiet easy to use dark chocolate for the coating part.

As to the tasting part, I would like to have a stronger taste of liquorice in these Easter Eggs, so another time I would double the amount of liquorice powder from 1 teaspoon to 1½-2 teaspoons. This combination of nougat and liquorice did also give me an idea for some Christmas Candy, even though there is a long time to Christmas.


Easter Egg with nougat and liquorice: - 15 pieces

  • 300 g marzipan
  • 150 g nougat
  • 1 teaspoon English liquorice powder
  • 150 g dark chocolate
  1. Soften the nougat by heating it up in the microwave oven.
  2. Stir the liquorice powder into the nougat.
  3. Divide the marzipan into 15 pieces.
  4. Turn the marzipan mass into a thin layer.
  5. Place the nougat mass in the middle. Cover the nougat mass totally in the marzipan mass. And turn the marzipan mass into egg shape.
  6. Melt the dark chocolate - I am using the microwave oven for this purpose.
  7. Coat the marzipan mass with dark chocolate.
  8. Let the chocolate coating try, before you place the marzipan eggs in tin(s)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...